At the Lado Healing Institute, we help patients suffering from many different conditions, including mood disorders. Below is a bit of information about mood disorders.
- Depression and Bipolar Disorder are real medical illnesses that lead to severe financial consequences as a result of job loss, drop in productivity, and associated physical symptoms as well as illicit drug or alcohol use/abuse.
- 20% of Americans (about 60 million) suffer from mood disorders, but only roughly a third of affected individuals seek help.
- Bipolar disorder isn’t always what you see in movies, and is sometimes very difficult to diagnose and treat.
- Among developed nations, major depression is the leading cause of disability with manic depression, schizophrenia, and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) trailing closely behind.
- Mood disorders are often masked by excessive working, avoidance of responsibilities, and rejecting offers to spend time with loved ones.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a mood disorder, please contact us to talk about what we can do to help.