At the Lado Healing Institute, we help patients suffering from many different conditions, including eating disorders. Below is a bit of information about eating disorders.
- Anorexia Nervosa, binge eating, and Bulimia are often also categorized as addiction disorders, as the sufferer is addicted to the reward hormone Dopamine, which is released when they feel like they have accomplished a goal.
- Often, pressuring adolescents into feeling as if they have to look good causes them to have a distorted self-image, and may lead to the onset of an eating disorder.
- While excess weight and obesity are problems, fixating on being thin is also an issue. Fixation, in this way, can be caused by body image issues and be a proponent of eating disorders.
- Emotional distress is a strong component in most eating disorder cases, which have doubled in number since 1960.
- Eating disorders often start very early, with over a third of girls from as young as elementary school desiring to be thin.
If you or a loved one is suffering from an eating disorder, please contact us to talk about what we can do to help.