At the Lado Healing Institute, we help patients suffering from many different conditions, including substance abuse and addiction. Below is a bit of information about addiction.
- Drug addiction is a medical disease, not a weakness.
- Dual diagnosis is very common in drug addiction cases, as many addicts suffer from severe mental disorders. Drug addiction can be present in psychiatric disorders such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, PTSD, and many more.
- Outpatient drug rehab is possible with the help of anti-drug medication, and in many instances, is done without a hospital visit.
- Genetic predisposition is a factor in substance abuse of any kind.
- The most successful rehab treatment is done with the patient themselves wants or asks for help. If the patient does not want to be helped, he or she will often refuse treatment.
If you or a loved one is suffering from substance abuse or addiction, please contact us to talk about what we can do to help.